Friday, January 22, 2010

hip to be square

The last concert that I attended at the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis was a wonderful blend of Huey Lewis and the News and the Robert Cray Band. I read that Huey is recording at Ardent Studios in Memphis...and, well. That just made my day! Ain't nothing in this world like good music to grab a person's soul and yank them out of whatever ails them.

This gray day is coming to a painfully slow end...no rain, just blah. Mine started at 5AM. Guess whose smart ass will be in the bed before ten? The first two don't count. I actually took a NAP today after work which is an unheard of luxury these days. It felt mighty good, so I imagine there will be an encore for the next two days. Mom and I are planning an outing, weather permitting, to the library and Dollar General tomorrow. We just might split an appetizer tray at Applebee's too!

The guys are the salvage yard on the end of our road spotted Daisy on the fence row behind the big pond on the highway, but so far she hasn't found her way home. No beagles at the pound either. I hope somebody's feeding her and appreciating the precious way she cocks her head to the side when she's trying to understand something. Like cats.

^j^

1 comment: