Tuesday, January 12, 2010

little pleasures

BG and I tend to be the type of housekeepers who let it slide for a few days until the whole thing seems like a mountain so we just ignore it some more until it really IS a mountain. To keep from climbing steps to the basement, I had my washer and dryer put in the kitchen twenty years ago. As you can guess, the dirty clothes end up in piles all over the kitchen floor. We've been working hard at changing that habit and lo and behold! When I walked into the kitchen today, there were no dirty dishes visible and the floor was bare. Praise the Lord and pass the Michelob...I think I love that girl.

My aunt granny fell last night and broke her pelvis which is very VERY painful and she ain't no spring chicken. Visiting her today and looking at all the tags and stickers that are involved with identifying one patient caught me off guard, because she's my family. She looks very frail lying in the hospital bed, but managed to holler out to me as I left to tell her "sister", my mom, hi. Looks like granny will be laid up in the bed awhile, but she'll get up again. She's too stubborn not to, right girls?

Lots of drama in the workplace which shall remain undiscussed, but it's hard to concentrate in an atmosphere where people are at each other's throats. The best thing that I can see about the whole thing is that some face to face communication has and will take place that needed to happen long ago. And that we can look at it as a test from Big Ernie. Amen?

Things are quiet with my parents for the moment. Mom and I will be taking that postponed road trip next week to check out visual aids and cellphones in the "big city." I am very impressed with the way the home health team has jumped into action here and involved a social worker in the care planning. She even wants to visit the place where we're going next week to see how it works so that she can help other clients.

I pulled into my driveway and spun around toward the back entrance , and something hit me. The japanese quince in my front yard usually starts swelling with buds at about this time of the year so I put it in reverse to see if they were there. Uh hm. THAT made me smile :)

Ya'll keep the faith ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment