Saturday, January 9, 2010

paperless pay

My company went with mandatory direct deposit a couple of years ago, but we always got a stub once every two weeks telling us what we earned and exactly how much goes directly to uncle sam for the privilege of working for said company. That went away last month, and now we have to log into some big freaking payroll site to see what we have to live on for the next two weeks. You know...like grocery money and gas to get to work and back home. Very convenient for the employer. Not so much for the employee. I show up when I'm supposed to...often a little bit late but full of good intentions to save the world make some sort of difference in a life when the opportunity presents itself.

The federal taxes totally piss me off because I suspect they are being passed onto persons of interest who have something to gain from keeping the whole thing going. This is not the america that I grew up believing in. My parents were raised during WWII and Korea. I was born during the post war boom when anything was possible, Ward and June Cleaver style. When we went into the jungles of Vietnam, I was totally against the whole thing. Just like when we went to Iraq. My motto is pretty much about taking care of the homeland and leaving the idiots alone to do their jihad thing. You wanna blow yourself up? Have at it dude. Just don't take anybody else with you because that is just wrong.

Our country's presence in other lands wreaks havoc with their status quo. Why do we have to always play Big Ike and bust up in there with our soldiers? Most of the ones who sign up now are doing it for the money and/ or love of country. Or because they have issues which compel them to kick somebody's ass. If I thought we could kick their butts, I would sign up myself and sleep on a cot. I don't think that this particular conflict can be won by sending more troops into the caves of Afghanistan to find some evil dude who hates western ways. It has always been thus and so.

BG is cooking some supper and the dogs are quiet. What more could a girl ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment