Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a perfect fit

In spite of some spontaneous early morning yapping and a near death experience with the cat, Daisy has blended quite nicely into our little family. She crates at night and we go with the most convenient option in the morning. If it's an early day, I let her out to stay awhile and somebody else will put her back in the crate. Our other roommate lost his grandmother this week so we've been doing a lot of soul searching and memory swapping. Until I started sharing with him, I had forgotten about being with all of my family members during their deaths at the hospital. What some people see as a lost opportunity, I get to experience as part of my job. That's a perk, even though it's a tough one to swallow sometimes.

I passed the home health nurse on her way to mom and daddy's as I neared my lane. She is SUCH a sweetheart, and there's a social worker as part of the team who will help mom to deal with her frustrations, which are many. Enough to kill a goat, as daddy would say. I feel much more at ease knowing that there is a permanent healthcare professional involved in their day to day lives. I can pick up bananas and orange juice all day long, but I am biased and they need total objectivity for the best care.

Daisy has settled on the couch after taking every step right with me after I got home. It's a cold week already with a good chance for our first real snow. Gee, I can't wait to clear the car off before work! Sugardaddy better have a garage.




No comments:

Post a Comment