Friday, July 17, 2009

the wall


I saw someone that I love with all of my heart hit it head on today..a trusted co-worker who became my friend the hard way, over the years and through the woods. Oh shit...ya'll know what I mean. Like, when you can't go no more 'til you've had a nap or a timeout or a cookie. Been there a brazillion times. Big Ernie be with you honey. The warrior sisters are all around you whenever you call their names.

My Daddy turned 78 today, bless his heart. That's a lot of years to live on this not- so-green-anymore earth. We're frying some southern shit cooking lunch for the fam tomorrow in his honor so Fred gets a day off from delivery to bond with Aunt Bea. You can thank me later, dear. Cousin Mo took them and Aunt Granny on a funeral home run this evening to pay respects. I'll try my best to catch up with the bereaved in the morning before heatin' up the iron skillet.

Our friend Blanca is headed to Chicago to care for her elderly parents so we're having a little good-bye party here tonight. It is cool for a change and that can only be a sign that fall is on the way sometime in the next three months.

I'll take it.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment