Thursday, July 23, 2009

roll over beethoven

BG and I have lived for about 21 years here on the hill at the top of pecan lane. It's a dead end road with one other house that has a circle driveway for confused explorers. For many years my brother and his first wife lived about a quarter mile down toward the riverbed. After they left, a couple of odd-couple anesthesiologists called it home. I worked with both of them and can testify that they were the ultimate odd couple. The big one was a jolly harley man with a heart of gold who didn't give a shit what he said when. That other was one was a piece of work too what with his ER style theatrics and the long hair and bicycle. I'm not sure where they are now but I'll never forget 'em.

Brother moved back in and that house became the birthplace of a business that would lead he and his new wife to Virginia. This old lane has much less traffic now that it's out of the regular daily UPS route. They're news publishers now...of the kinder and gentler sort who tell happy stories and report on positive happenings in their valley community. I love it when that happens.

There were a few other tenants and then Beethoven and his family moved in. We call him that because he's a huge music freak who puts his speakers out on the porch so he can blast away with AC/DC and other unidentified bump. From here, all I hear is the bass pounding when I'm on the porch bird watching. I must be officially ancient according to the "if it's too loud, you're too old" adage. Then again, they might be in their own little world just like us.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh! It isn't music if all you hear is the bass! I hate when your peace and quiet is interrupted by deaf people a mile away.
    so sorry
    I have lived with 9 dogs next door that barked at every.single.thing that walked by. And we have a train 1 1/2 blocks away, where the train whistles at the crossing. In the winter we don't get much sleep without being interrupted, but in the summer, the fan blowing into our window, pretty much masks everything.
    But I like my peace when I am in my back yard.
    sheesh.
    xxoo
    ~a

    ReplyDelete