Saturday, July 25, 2009

dance with the one what brung ya


It's hot again, so the old Poopster is hiding out under the AC frittering away a free day. I went out to visit Yaya on her 53rd birthday and we had a glass of wine at noon. Yeah...I know. We're rebels like that. She headed over to her mom's house for the family dinner and I knocked off the dollar store and beer run on my way home. Wild horses couldn't drag me out of this house until Perkins time tomorrow.

The yard mowing guy has evidently cut me off for non-payment so the orchard grass has gone to seed and so has what little garden I grew. About this time every year I say "to hell with it" and quickly turn my interest toward fall and the pecan harvest. This year's crop looks mighty slim, by the way.


There's this praying mantis that's been hanging around my 'puter for a day or two and I've decided he needs a name. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Stick. That's what I'd call him.... lol.

    We were supposed to have a six day heat wave and instead got thunderstorm after thunderstorm last night. Fantastic lightning storm and heavy rainfall.

    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Names for a Praying Mantis: "Twisty" for the head turns. "Grabber" or "Quick Trip" for the fast trip nearby insects take to its mouth.

    ReplyDelete