Monday, August 16, 2021

what i missed

My friend Gay and I were supposed to go to a JT concert last night but I got all scairdy cat about COVID and didn't go.  She asked me my favorite song which is "Shed a Little Light" and managed to go live just when all the flashlights went on in anticipation of that classic.  "We are bound together, all men and women..." I didn't even go and got a tshirt!


I woke up to the sound of two girls coming in because I slept late, again.  At first it seemed like the visit was doomed but it turned into a right nice couple of hours.  She played in the waterhose and we did art.  A LOT of art. 

I had a bad night and morning with the bag.  Let's just say I won't eat sweet corn again.  Fot those of you who hate gross stuff, move along. An ostomy getup like mine consists of a bag with a filter, a wax ring and a plate which may or may not stay on.  Today it did not.  Twice.  One doc told me I have granuloma but my forever nurse says it's an ulcer from leakage.  What to do?  

I'm a member of an ostomy support group and all I hear is cries for help from those who are learning to live a different life.  We share our stories and pat each other on the back.  It took a year and a half for me to find this outlet for therapy.

I say leave Afghanistan quickly because they never wanted us there anyway.  Same for Iraq. That is one policy decision along with Syria that made me question Obama.  This cultural war will never be won.  Leave well enough alone.  This takes nothing away from the honor of those who served in this horrific war like Adrian and Joe. Thank your for service and I'm sorry.

PTSD is rampant and not just among the military and first responders. Each of us have been wounded.  It's up to us to get up and go or lay down and die.  I choose the former ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment