Sunday, August 22, 2021

dog days

We are officially there y'all.  It's when the leaves start to fall in a death march toward winter.  Sometimes they turn colors in autumn but often they just turn brown and give it up.  The cicadas are a constant background noise. To me, it's depressing because it is the end of a growing season.  I'm not saying I won't be glad when the corn is gone though.  Maybe there will be a breeze then. I got a package from Wiki Wachee FL today filled with goodies especially hand picked for me and mine.  That means so much.  The Blog Fairy did that....attention to detail.

The horseflies are bombing me from every direction even though there is no horse.  They attack me on the way to the car and dive bomb the windows of the house.  Add to that random creepy pecan bombs on the tin roof and you have a lot of background noise.  That's why I sleep with a box fan for quiet noise.  Always have and always will.

There is so much tragedy.  I attended church online today and listened as my pastor listed all the peoples we should be praying for now.  Afghans.  Middle Tennessee flooding victims.  My brother calls me a slacker because I don't physically go into the building every Sunday.  God knows my heart and He is the judge.  I'm going to do my best to provide healthcare programing for our mission trip next year to Tanzania.  That's not to say that I will actually but I will surely be a part of the process.

Peace  and grace to you all.  Next month is an all girls birthday for me, LP and Reaves.  Ain't no telling who will end up with unicorn ears.  ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment