Friday, August 27, 2021

prayers all around

I don't know y'all.  It just seems that everybody is suffering.  As I sat on the deck listening to random pecans falling I mulled over all the horrible things that are happening world wide.  Then, I gave it to God.  I listened as the day and evening sounds of the cicadas mixed until there was quiet....just me and the corn.  

Bubba and I had lunch at Boyettes today with our cousins and had a large time.  Marilyn is a nurse so she laid eyes on my leg wound and pronounced it "okay." I am using the crusting technique with my ostomy and it works well for other wounds.  We all ate 'til we were stuffed and talked about every little thing.  Cousins are about all we have left now, ya know?  The highway has been repaved until right past Ridgely.  Then it's bumpy old Lake county roads.  And lots of landmarks.  Everybody used to party up there back in the day.  

I try to keep on the sunny side, as Yaya says.  It does no good to dwell on tragedy but it should be honored appropriately.   My friend just came by to tell me her brother died.  We talked about who he was and how she feels about it.  I think she's okay.

Keepthefaith^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment