Thursday, August 5, 2021

touched by an angel

I knew in my heart that it wasn't supposed to hurt this bad having an ostomy so I began searching for help.  My first go-to was the HH agency that took care of me post-op and the nurse on call told me to come on by the office.  We discussed it at length and as it turns out her husband also has one so she's VERY familiar with the whole deal.  She offered to come by my house the next morning with a sample of what he uses and to check  out the ulceration.  That's your problem, she said after taking a good look at it uncovered.  She told me that mine was one of the smallest ostomies she has ever seen and that leakage is the problem.  But she didn't stop there.  She called me back the next day and offered to help order the supplies that I needed.  Once again, this is all on her own time.  That, my friends, is because she truly cares.  And that makes up for all the asshats who think the world twirls around them.  She will get a special surprise for sure.  She is now my adopted granddaughter ;)
I ordered a JBL Charge 4 which came today and I'm still on the learning curve with it.  That was an early birthday present to myself.  

The concert is looking very iffy because of the rising COVID cases in our state and the adjoining ones.  Nashville put a mask mandate back in place today.  That is one of three cities that can do so without Governor Lee's approval which will never happen.  Heads in the sand folks.  This thing ain't over by a long shot.  I have been accused of being overly cautious and that is because I am a healthcare professional who knows the power of viral spread.  What is particularly disturbing is that children who can NOT be vaccinated are getting sick from adults who can but won't.  

You have your right to your beliefs, but in the area of public health employers have a right to mandate compliance.  I remember when people in my line of work refused the free flu vaccine that was given yearly.  For those of you who use the "but it's not FDA approved" argument, that should be taking place shortly.  It takes governmental agencies a minute to get even simple things done.

The heat will be returning shortly but this weather was nice while it lasted.  Kind of a fall teaser.  Y'all keep the faith and remember to pay it forward ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment