Saturday, September 16, 2017

story time

I had every intention of loading up for a Jackson trip today but turned off the alarm and slept 'til 11.  Lauren and Reaves are both fine and it's just those last two weeks that are the most miserable.  This too shall pass.  Mitzi's creations are in the back seat ready for delivery.  My bag is half ass packed.  There is a pack'n'play and rocking chair in place at grammaw's.  

Mamye came by and we started swapping stories which led me to remember when William and Teresa bought a camper and it caught on fire while we were cleaning it.  The house almost went too but thanks to the DFD  it was saved.  All three of us bailed out the door at the same time.

Conversation turned toward nature events like Irma, Harvey and the big tornado of 2002.  It tore through Millsfield like the cat 5 that it was an killed a lot of people.  The cross on the bluff was destroyed and my friend Gumbler helped to rebuild it.  That was shortly before they found Karen Swift's body in the kudzu. That remains an unsolved crime.  Been watching Holly Bobo's killer and the trial.  If this guy doesn't go away for a long time, I don't trust the court system.  Big hole in the skull years later and a young girl dead with her stuff strewn everywere.  Nursing student, I believe.

Florida and Texas are still trying to deal with the infrastructure and public health crises that extreme weather events cause.  If my employer were to offer pay and travel costs for me to do relief work, I'd be there in a heartbeat.  Our sister hospitals could use somebody like me.  

I have a few other stories to expound on but I'll save them for another day.  Next up.....*nozy asses*






1 comment: