Saturday, September 9, 2017

misty

I take spells of missing my parents, particularly around the holidays.  But, hands down, the day I miss them the most is on my own birthday because I am an orphan now.  They gave birth to me and raised me up to be a smartass strong willed woman in spite of being surrouded by southern gentility.  Their diverse backgrounds contributed to who I am now two years after their passing.  There was always a special card in their distinctive handwriting and a birthday supper complete with ketchup bottle visible in the pictures.  

It was a nice at work....quiet for the most part.  My lunch was bought along with some mini-white frosted cookie cakes with sprinkles on top.  Casey's best!!  Of course I'm loving the crack that is FB birthday.  To each and every one of you thanks for the good wishes.  At 62 I'm getting older and hopefully a litte wiser.  Just gotta' make sure I watch that smart mouth of mine.  

Mike Forster is a friend of Lorna's who lives in Islamorada.  Though we've never met, I feel like I know him through her experiences and from watching his hurricane coverage.  He is one of the ones who will be riding it out to keep others safe.  I admire you sir...and all the others who are doing the same thing.  The torrential ever present rains depicted in Bloodline are nothing compared to what's coming. 

The clock is ticking for the arrival of baby Reaves.  A couple of girlfriends went to visit Lauren today and did lunch so they could catch up with each other.  This bunch was inseparable when they were in high school and I'll save the details for another time.  Needless to say, there were cops involved!!

I'm glad I was born......peace love and humility ~


No comments:

Post a Comment