Thursday, September 14, 2017

death and taxes

Well, the IRS caught up with me again and this time I thought I had my butt covered.  But no...after reviewing my 2015 return I found that I had not reported my retirement income ( again ) which means I now owe them 1200.  I thought for sure that the first time I got burned on that I corrected myself but that must have been in 16.  Sucks to be me.  I only got a couple of hunded back last year because of the same deal with 2014 so this time they'll get to keep it all.  Fine then.  We'll just keep swapping things out until I'm even.

I am taxed at the rate of around 13% which doesn't sound like much to the high rollers who pay NOTHING because of legal loopholes.  In other countries, an across the board tax rate not much higher than that subsidizes single payer healthcare for all citizens.  Our country is so screwed up with its' priorities.  To think that my tax dollars go to pay for some minion's honeymoon trip makes me sick.  I don't care if they did pay it back.....that's just wrong.  I bet there were no penalties and interest.  

We the (little) people deserve much better than we are getting from a government that blows money like no tomorrow.  Our voices are not heard and the clown who is president has made us a laughing stock around the world plus put us in all kinds of danger.    Rant over.

Today at the sawmill was just a day.  Not too bad but busy enough.  We work together well most of the time helping each other out to get the job done.  That's a team if I ever saw one.  To all my works peeps...love ya. Mean it.

I'm on another "get a dog adopted" mission with a labradoodle and bull mastiff/lab mix.  He looks pure labradoodle to me so I guess the daddy had strong genes.  According to his owner he's sweet as pie and plays well with others.  Outside dog who needs room to roam.  Holla' if you know of anybody who might want him.  

Have a good ladies' night ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment