Sunday, December 20, 2015

happy thanksgiving!

Since I had to work on turkey day I still had a few hours to burn and Martha the Wonderful is doing my shift today.  That gave me an opportunity to go Krogering and see Mom without worrying about the day job that is getting harder every week.  These old joints are all stove up!  Aleve helps I just try not to go there.  Janet got Mama in the chair while I was there and I proceeded to hand out more Team Janice bracelets.  Gigi is getting richer by the days of  this Christmas adventure.  I have the smell of amazing grace at my disposal and the house is chilly and quiet.  Eventually I'll hit the shower and sleep for another 12.

So I'm kind of looking in the rearview at 2015 and had totally forgotten about Lorna's heart attack in my bedroom back during the big snow and ice event.  That was when the puppies were under the barn with Ryder who was soon to be *dead* next to my bed in the middle of the night.  Lots of nice people cared  for all ten of them and gave them forever homes.

In early June, Aunt Granny passed and I ran over Daddy's foot when he got out of the Camry.  That was funeral #2 following Ginner's in January.  On Father's day eve we got the word that Pnoler was found dead.   At that one Lori picked them up and sat with us because I had just gotten off work.  Lerd, this girl could use a benzo, just saying.  So THEN Daddy calls the ambulance and never comes back and Mom moves to assisted living.  Yeah...We're all stressed.

During all of this drama, my dear friend KK has held my hand and made me laugh.  She may be selling a product but this lady knows how to honor a friend.  My home church has been extremely supportive and still is.  BabySister calls every day now for an update not wanting to make Mama talk or have some other gadget to deal with..  I seriously need a date for New Year's eve if anybody is available who will buy.  Remember, I'm on a budget now.

Faith ~

2 comments:

  1. I came to your blog to check on Mom. She seems to be over her surgery okay. I will check more.
    BTW, mrs. Jim's friend ran over my foot. She had left the car in drive, then let it ease up while she was talking. Real slow and when I hollered she stopped, right on top of my foot. That was last spring, it still hurts some. The doctor wouldn't see me on my regular insurance until my and her homeowner's checked in with opinions. Messy, I told the doctor to forget it.
    Moral? Go to the ER and let them figure it out.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My foot was in her way because I was standing at the rear door, getting a package out for Mrs. Jim.
      I guess better my foot than hers.
      ..

      Delete