Saturday, December 19, 2015

from whom all blessings flow

I've got the crud and that added to this week's year of drama has taken a toll.  Walking in a daze I headed toward the sawmill before daylight.  Mama is about worn out so we didn't wake her up.  She sat in the chair and slept some more and  totally enjoyed SKB's best.butter.cookie.ever.  I hated to break it to her but Kay's are even better than her original Mama Staff's cutouts.  She shared with me that she called out to Daddy during the night for help with her pain.  That is precisely when the tears began and they didn't stop until I left the hospital for home.  Martha the wonderful called me back and said she will cover my shift tomorrow so I can catch my breath.  A certified letter turned out to be from the IRS ( you can't make this shit up)  and I owe them 700 bucks for non-reported side income in 2013.  Of course I have the right to protest.  Right.  Take it out of my big fat refund y'all.

I still can't remember to detour downtown and found the demo crew finishing up in the same week a bid was announced.  Thanks Dirt Works!! The view of our Dyer county courthouse is new and improved from the corner of Main and McGaughey.  I'm thinking it will be open by next week, just in time for all Dyersburgians to come home for the holidays.  I passed the Curry hearse as I eased toward the lane and finally made it with all my "stuff" which now includes a bag full of bracelets.  I didn't think Frankie would wear one so he got two for his wife and daughter.  It takes a village, right?  News flash....I had amazing grace waiting on the porch swing.

Mama ordered the traditional Christmas Sunday poinsettia in Daddy's memory and it will be displayed tomorrow during the celebration.  We used to go to the late night communion service as a family.  Then  they backed it off to the 5:30 kid's version and I just quit going, though I'm not sure why.  Probably the devil trying to come up and over my shoulder.  All I know is that I was raised there to be a faithful one.

Noel ~

No comments:

Post a Comment