Tuesday, December 22, 2015

co-ordination of care

Mom got the green light to move to rehab today and as transfers go, it worked really GREAT with my schedule.  I found myself pulling up ( again ) behind Dyersburg EMS with mom inside and I followed them in with a basket full of clothes.  We've been there done that so many times that the paper signing was a snap.  Mom got placed in a room where the other lady is quite cold natured and Mama was burning up.  That's something new for her, probably a  side effect of a week in purgatory.  If she is to make it, she will work hard and if I know Georgia and all them, it will happen.  

Work is usually slower during the holiday season but it's not looking that way so much.  I've been on auto-pilot and overslept ( again ) this morning.  The rest of the day was spent running to and fro and saving lives.  I could feel the stress lifting the closer we got to destination next.  I get a really up close look at the inside track on the multiple sites that provide elder care which I'm thinking might be a "window" of opportunity. Being passionate about your vocation is something that is a must because it's what sweet baby jeebus would do as referenced by his lifetime of miracle performing and peace making.  

I just treated myself to garbage pickup because I'm tired of hauling it in my car.  It's ten bucks a month and they are a new company seeking to *crush* the competition.  Laken is my new BFF.  She even called me back to verify the address because Calcutt Farms Lane is non trackable by many businesses.  I guess corporate needs to fix that along with doors, windows and paint.  Who the hell changes the name of a 50 year old road????

 Anyway...seasons greetings and all that. My work buddy Tina Belle came decked out in Christmas Snoopy with a bulb necklace that flashes like the real deal.  That?  Made my day.  Also, I think Santa is gonna' come around no matter where we celebrate family.

Joy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment