Sunday, June 9, 2013

pecan lane spotted fever

Ticks have been atrocious this year and continue to find their way into the house in spite of our efforts to check ten times a day. Doggie meds come behind food in the budget. I went by the grocery store today and found myself TALKING BACK to the voice at the self check out. Bless her heart, an old college buddy named Virgie came over and helped a girl out. Traffic was light because church was still in session for the Baptists and Methodists. I stopped by Money Mike's and got a quick lesson in Hindu worship practice and the no cousins thing. He's a great guy and has been a good friend to both BG and myself. That only goes to show that Big E does indeed work in mysterious ways because that was a freakin' miracle what happened right with that store. Everybody knows everybody else and their business pretty much now.

We had a random thunderstorm right about getting up time this morning which came wayyyyyy too early. I've got a couple of days to sleep in if the creek don't rise. Gigi called yesterday right as I was headed home with an invitation to baptize the pool. New liner...awesomeness. It makes a great background for pictures. Needless to say it only took a couple of hours in the sun to kick my ass and send me home to watch season 8 one more time. I'm in denial that there will never be any more Botwin Newman adventures. This gal at work saw by accident season 7 last night and I had to fill her in on why Pants was in jail. I highly recommended that she start at the beginning and enjoy the ride.

My favorite movie lately has been a comedy with Melissa McCarthy...one of those make you snort and howl kind of films. All the men are dark..Last Quartet was incredibly creepy to me with its' intensity. None of the movie places have Hangover 2 which is what I would dearly love. Hey..it's a small town and options are limited. One of our staff docs moved here from NYC and asked what there was in the way of nightlife. We told him to head for Beale Street because it sure ain't in the 'burg. It's kind of amazing to look at the tiers of wealth even at this local level and wonder what it's all about. I think that if you are blessed financially you should kind of pay it forward and if I ever hit the lottery, that will be my life's work. I would be BF to a whole lot of folks.

The intelligence community is, of course, the topic of conversation since there's only been one mass shooting lately. Never mind that the gun was one the ones that is under discussion for tighter regs. I read today where Putin is divorcing his wife for a gymnast or something and thought to myself "who gives a rat's ass." Russia has always been "thus and so" as my daddy would say so why be afraid? My fervent prayer is that if everybody blows the world up it will be quick and we don't have to suffer and survive with no food or water. Or be stuck on a metal ship like Waterworld. I would have to slit my wrists.

Things are looking up and I'm feeling pretty blessed. The past few months have been a foggy memory to me, in shock and exhausted and trying to hang on and believe that God is indeed good and I've been spared the suffering that much of our world has endured. There was a book called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" that was kind of pivotal in my change toward more chilled and less focused. I do truly believe that I have some sort of ADHD which is aggravated by my attempts to organize and clean. See..I'm a real conspiracy theorist!

God is good. All the time ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment