Monday, June 24, 2013

if you can't stand the heat....

...definitely don't make your home in the southeastern region of the US. Listen up ya'll, we don't just sweat we SWELTER down here and none too graciously on my part. The worst part of all is when you have to get in a hot car and run errands on the way home from work never quite cooling off until you walk through the beloved door and suck in the AC. My hair stays wet from this point in summer until Thanksgiving. Grrrrr.

Everybody's all up in the air because Paula Deen got fired from the food network for saying the "n" word once or twice in her life and I think that's about as ridiculous as playing cat and mouse with Snowden and it's because The MSM is being circle jerked by politicians. The American people have a right to know what is being done in the name of our homeland security especially when it compromises our personal privacy. That's not espionage...it's whistle blowing and that's something that most every company will tell you is part of their code of conduct. It is expressly against the law for anyone to retaliate against someone who reports misuse of information in the workplace. As for Chuck Schumer he needs to go on and retire and let the people decide this man's fate. I guarantee you if they listened to us, it would already be over. The NSA got caught with their pants down on various invasion of privacy issues and the best way to come out looking somewhat credible is to admit the deed and move on. Ditto with Manning and Assange and the others. We have huge problems without picking a fight with Putin at this point in time.

I talked to WA cuz yesterday evening and that made me feel better just hearing her little voice with the smartass hippie tone that I've grown to love. While picking through my stuff yesterday I ran across Ky cousin's recipe for Tomato Basil Jelly which I shall post as a note because it is to die for. When I first heard about it, I was all like "ewwwww" but it's an excellent spread for any toasted bread or topping for a meat dish. With a loaf of homemade bread, it's an excellent gift.

No news on the mom and daddy front except for new adventures in video. They're listening to Garrison Keillor on their new DVD player just like back in the day when they actually took the time to sit and enjoy. They've come full circle in that respect and I credit my mother for knowing that if they are to remain at home they'll have to work something out because GEEEZ giveagirlabreak. I love them both dearly, but they're double trouble what with their stubborn ways. Ya'll know that I would never in a million years do that to BG *snicker*.

Stay cool ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment