Saturday, March 2, 2013

snow baby and mom in a box

Our friend Shanna's baby Jordan was born yesterday as a late winter snow fell over the hospital. BG did the whole vigil thing with her family and as they were nearing the home stretch she mentioned that she wished her mother could be there. Her mama died last year and her cremains are in a gold box. BG got dispatched with a list of things to pick up and bring back and mom was right up there on top above chargers and socks. I got to sit in a rocker and hold him this morning and it was the highlight of my day. And there sat grandma, in a box on the bedside table. Tell me that ain't angel work.

We are a two car family again for what that's worth seeing as how they're both falling apart. Still no passenger window up front but not in the budget. I'll go with the twelve buck collision film again. Once the weather is warm I'll deal with all of that including the nasty ass interior. I'll be damned if I let that not too old engine go to waste. Maybe I can put it in a Toyota racer and take up NASCAR! Good way to meet men, but most of 'em are married as heck.

Congress can to to hell and so can the GOP (southern delegation particularly) and the horses they rode in on. These across the board cuts are not necessary and in fact will harm our national security. Just because you pull your trillion dollar war people back home doesn't mean we don't need a little homeland security. From what I have read Keystone will produce an abundance of global warming way past where the oceans lap the cities with tsunamis due to climate change ( not real, huh. ) Your ball, Dems. I also read a piece concerning the researched and revised numbers of people affected by the Holocaust under Hitler's reign. They suggest that because of the sheer magnitude in numbers of ghettos and prison camps that most Germans knew something was up. They were just afraid to speak up.

The more I hear and learn about secret government agencies the more I believe that they had JFK and his brother murdered because of the attention that they were receiving from other ethnic groups, especially African Americans. And then there was Martin Luther King on the balcony in Memphis targeted by some hired redneck to do the work of the KKK. Dr. King led the march of sanitation workers on the city in his day so he wasn't real popular in that particular place. The things that he fought for have disappeared in Memphis proper because so much of the population is of ilk other than he. That is probably why Tennessee is #4 in the list of worst states in the nation in which to live. Lots of poverty, drugs, child neglect and perpetuation of the no-win cycle. We are a Republican state now so there you go. No social safety net so it's pitched to the feds. Not cool. It is hard for me to believe that people were once publicly segregated according to being white or not but I saw it with my own eyes. I mean...did they not realize that the Asians were multiplying at an astounding rate on the other side of the world and the Indians were slaughtered by white men.? It seems that stupid to me, as far as ethnic cleansing go. Live and let live. And then by golly, let go.

Love ya'll ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment