Thursday, February 28, 2013

sharing community

Ever since I started reading a column called Faith Matters in the Memphis Commercial Appeal, I have known that I was called to share my thoughts and feelings with others who are struggling along toward the path on the journey that leads to who knows where. So many people have urged me to slow down and focus on my talent to use valuable life energy toward something that will hopefully support me in my old age. My knowledge of healthcare is extensive and has served me well while raising a child the proper way, whatever the hell that is. All I can say is that I tried to do my best to please my mother and keep BG happy all in one fell swoop. They are soulmates with BG being the only one who has spent hours with her grandparents learning to cook and farm.

A fellow blogger contacted me the other day with an offer of help and I was so touched that he was reading my words because he's right up there with old David Waters in my opinion. I met he and his wife, as with most blog friends, through others in my circle. They live on the west coast near my BFF Risible Girl, BJ and Einstein. Oh, and my cousin Donna and Morgan over there on Lummi Island. RG sent me a thinkpad and i wasn't doing too well until I found the stylus! Plus a nifty water bottle! XOXO

My friend the farmer stopped by yesterday before she hits the road on a big adventure. She has been struggling with a heavy load just like myself, and still isn't quite recovered from all those years of not giving up hope. She owns, therefore can defend. That is not my case. As a tenant I've spent 25 years paying the equivalent in rent that could have bought a nice house. And I did it all because I like the scenery and peace. This has been the longest ass winter in modern history and I am jonesing for some time in the sun. My Vitamin D level was "not sufficient". Note to self: little gel caps.

There are puppies running every which a way now and it's cold but they're in this little house we built on the front porch for the night. Anybody who has ever had a litter of puppies in the house (this would be our 2nd in a year) knows that it's a total mess that just kinda turns into last ditch efforts to save the laminate. They're eating and almost weaned so it's time for homes. I can't bear to take them to our local shelter so I'm researching no-kill facilities in the area.

Mom is working her little hiney off in PT over at the manor and daddy is doing just fine with his TV and Ms Faye. There's a whole bunch less mess without her there trying to rearrange everything and find her stuff from command central. I picked up an extra day at the sawmill to supplement the budget so I'm in trudge on mode. I will survive...or die trying ^j^

1 comment: