Wednesday, March 20, 2013

first day of spring?

As I was headed to boss friend's "old" house to pick up the TV I noticed that road crews have already salted the streets in anticipation of tomorrow night's wintry weather. I mean, for reals ya'll. Snow is supposed to be a winter thing yet there the advisory was posted on the bulletin board at the sawmill. This could get interesting with the film wrapped window on the Camry. I'll let you know how that works out. I've already figured out that I can't wash the old thing until that's taken care of. BG has two jobs going so maybe we'll be able to play catch up. The TV is huge and great if only we had cable *sigh*, I figure where there's a will there's a way and there's still the tiny DVD player that kinda runs.

The black puppies are cute and feel totally like victims of racism because the three browns went right off the bat. Ryder let's em do their own thing but they still try to sneak onto her tit at times. She just shakes it off like everything else. She has turned out to be a beautiful girl even though her head's kind of big and she's gawky. She has Faith's eyes and snuggly ways. And I thought sleeping with a lab was bad!! Mostly I get Sam and Oscar and Ryder claims the futon in BG's room. Sam crawls under the covers with me, just like with her first mama Amy D.

As for healthcare, here's the thing ya'll. There is tons of money to be made brokering deals within the industry especially when more and more people are losing jobs with reasonable insurance. I have it, thanks to my employer, at a rate that I can afford for just myself. If there were any dependents? That would be another story. There is huge money to be made in the "healing" profession and much of it centers around pharmaceuticals and testing devices. Insurance companies act as brokers telling you where and when you can have a procedure done based on what tier you have. So, let me get this straight? I need to see a doctor for routine preventive care and I have to drive to another town to do so? And how is this different from Canada? Hmm.

Anybody who ever got into our profession for the money is probably thinking now is a good time to bail but luckily that wasn't my motive. I was curious, always intrigued by science and the human body, and didn't want to be a secretary. There you go, right? My one college quarter of shorthand is a distant memory. During 37 years in a healthcare setting I've seen the best and worst of a whole helluva lot of people, myself included. I will never forget going to this man's room to apologize that I snapped at him while taking blood. I was crying and all and he was like "thank you for that." Then there was the time me and one of the ward clerks were outside smoking and she was in charge of two girls who had hit a freakin' homeless guy with a grocery cart on the interstate. Talk about your basic "what the hell happened" moment. Before we had storm shelters (thank you Mark Grant) folks would parade into the tunnel under our hospital not knowing that it floods down there every time the weather gets crazy. Kentucky Fried Chicken used to have a store at the end of the street and clogged up the entire street with grease. Trust me, our first home was right in the flood basin.

But that was then and this is now. I'm incredibly grateful for this day and the blessings that it has brought, ice and snow not included. I reckon it just it what it is and I can't do a thing except learn to let go and let Big Ernie. That's about the thousandth time I've been at step 3, BTW. There is a reckless abandon in my spirit now realizing that my time on this earth is limited. I do not fear death for I truly believe that I've lived a good and honorable life. I just want to enjoy the time I have left without a bunch of political drama and war mongering. We cannot, as a nation, continue to fight the battles of other countries. Homeland security ya'll..like DUH!

Have a good day and call your mother^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment