Monday, March 25, 2013

never a dull moment

I should have known it when I felt pride pop up and failed to give the glory to Big Ernie. I was running around with a phone showing people the first E-book by my friend Drew. An elegant writer of occasional dark tales, there is a tender side to him as well as evidenced by his family and friends. He was there back in the day of Hoss and so was Joe. They have been my knights in shining armor all these years, leading me on with cheers and hugs. And prayers...always prayers. When I was at my absolute most destitute, he sent me twenty hard earned bucks to buy BG breakfast. That is the type of nobility that is only seen in true cowboys like these two men. I think they both know that I have my Miss Kitty moments but usually I'm just what your see...a tired middle aged woman. I remember the Erma Bombeck piece about letting the house go and enjoying the moment. How she wished she had done it long ago. There's a lot of truth in that.

It is Holy week and I'm trying to be mindful each day of what Jesus and his disciples were dealing with. Layers of issues, ya'll. Deceit! Yes men! No men! Miracles don't happen. But they did..and people saw them. I don't care who you are if that kind of history is preserved for this many centuries there's some truth in it. I do not believe every word or concept in the Bible, but on the top ten I'm unanimous. I've only done one or two and felt like shit afterwards. I do believe that Jesus was a gentle yet rebellious man who had a soft heart but wouldn't hesitate to kick somebody's ass when there is injustice. Ahem..remember the tax tables???? But I also realize that Christianity is only one of thousands of ways to worship God and nobody is right all the time, not even the Baptists.

So back to my karma for being cocky. I'm cruising down the road after getting some gas on my BF card and having my brother snarl at me (yes he adores his job} and I swung through town toward Money Mike's. I noticed my car started dragging like REAL bad and it was all I could do to get it going through the hood. As I pulled into the Dock not daring to turn it off, I looked in the rearview to see a cop behind me, lights and all. Holy.Shit. Remember that this Camry is 12 years old with a good engine but the rest is a mess. He motioned for me to get back in the car and do the good girl thing with license and insurance. Just listening to the car, he said it sounded like it needed a tuneup. Sara told me to get gas treatment. I got off with a warning ticket and told him I wouldn't hurt him if I ever draw his blood. I grabbed my stuff, headed to the dollar store for gas treatment and hobbled home. I popped the hood and low and behold even though I am a girl I noticed right off the bat that a plug was out of socket. Hmm. Being the hippie that I am I will assume that it just worked its' way out and nobody sabotaged me. Once it was shoved back in there, right as rain. Today's blessing ya'll, because I was mentally doing the in- the-red math that is our life.

But that's okay. It is what it is and life is good ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment