Sunday, February 24, 2013

over the rainbow

CBS Sunday morning featured The Wizard of Oz today and it was delightful to watch as Dorothy turned from a black and white little girl to full blown technicolor. I found myself wondering how many generations know what a munchkin is and wonder if that will be passed on like the others. It is, to me, astounding how quickly we have become dependent on technology squirming endlessly when we're disconnected from the WWW. All of this has happened in a 30 year time frame, yet cancer hasn't been cured. What's up with that? I've read several articles about wind tower farms both inland and in the shallows. They generate enough electricity to support the area immediately around them, but so many states don't have even these alternatives. If I lived in Nebraska, you can bet your sweet ass I'd have one (IF sugardaddy comes along with investment money). There's not a whole lot of wind here in the Midsouth except during tornado season which is about to begin.

I stopped by to see mama this afternoon after work and found her snoozing with her earphones in, listening to a book. Just couldn't bear to wake her what with all she's been through. Miss Lula said she would tell her I was there. They're already friends and roommates in the truest sense. Daddy got mad because I wouldn't take him for a visit yesterday after work and I just let him get over it. One can only do so much without going into a full fledged case of the vapors ya'll.

I feel literally as if I've been in a time tunnel like Back to the Future or something. Grieving multiple losses over a four month period is a little much even for my stubborn ass. The puppies are on the porch mostly, but fall into the flower beds onto the monkey grass occasionally. They are learning their limits close to home and mama. There is a long couch cushion there and it's feeding time on that thing. Granny would just die! I never did pay her that 40 bucks.

I'm anxiously awaiting a package from one of my BFFs who happens to be a techno wizard when it comes to internet security. Her dog Einstein has his own blog, I kid you not. If my dogs had one it would have to be a group page! She is one of the first and oldest blog friends that I claim as a sista'. To believe in someone that you have never met because of what they share is a scary experience but worth the trust. Count Zubrovka told me that ten years ago and pointed me to that road. And then? He gave me a nice ass camera to take pictures along the way. Love ya'll Z and Jana.

I am at peace again, partly because that's the only way to maintain sanity. Railing against the unfairness of life is a victim behavior that doesn't become me. On the other hand, I am tired of not being appreciated for my contribution. Once again, not becoming and not what Jesus would do. It is the Lenten season which is traditionally a time to give things up. I pick strength as something to keep and will drop the pity parties. Amen?







No comments:

Post a Comment