Friday, August 3, 2012

what? friday already!

Lord have mercy ya'll..this has been a long hard week in spite of two days off. Things are picking up at the sawmill and there are some "internal issues" that make for a less than friendly work environment at times. 'Nuf said...Dooce me not. To me it's a no brainer that happy employees or associates or whatever the hell you call us will give better customer service and in turn increase business for said corporation. Evidently there's a clause in there somewhere that says times are hard and to hell with you people who have been faithful and loyal. Here's your 2%, based on merit of course. For years I was an over performer at the expense of my sanity, my family and my dreams. It's Poopie's turn now.

I stopped by Gigi's today for a chat and a swim with the yummy sand and oil stuff that blog fairy sent. We talked about Sheila's victory party after she retained her job of 25 years as county property assessor. Very impressive results Ms.Thang! I've been getting my hair did for about 35 years by my high school buddies who do it up right and I went by today for a cut. Ain't nothing like new hair to make a girl feel better. We were able to afford some real sudafed yesterday and damn it feels good to be able to breathe. All this global warming and toxic spraying has done a real number on everybody's allergies, plus all the dust. We finally got enough rain this morning to settle it. Thank you Big Ernie.

I'm avoiding the chicken places because seriously I don't want to see anybody preaching or kissing while I eat. We don't cook anymore around here, which is a shame because we're really good at it. Going to the store in our food desert requires a six mile trip through the most heavily congested part of 51 by-pass. Plus there's the money thing and the energy to cook and wash dishes manually thing. We tend to go light these days.

Over and out from the lane and TGIF ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment