Saturday, August 4, 2012

shit happens

I lost the brand on that one awhile ago, outhouse and all. Unless of course creative commons licenses are protection from theft. That was where I learned to let go and type the words in my mind as an outlet. The first two years were spent in a perpetual state of bitch, whining and stomping about every little political thing that happened, especially if it involved Dubya and the wars. Looks like we as a nation would have learned better than to try to run someone other country's business. I reckon not. War=$$ for contractors and whatnot. Many veterans took on contract work after serving our country and made a shitload of money before moving onto civilian careers and educations. Joe is one of those guys and he's almost a CRNA! It was from him that I learned about the military casualties of PTSD like his ex.

Big Ernie taught me a lesson in wise borrowing today when I ended up spending an hour and a half waiting to pay back the loan shark lender. First of the month and all so people got their checks. Anywho, my girl Sam will be back from maternity leave next week and I've got something ordered for the baby with her name on the butt. Bloomers, to be exact. How precious is that? Most of the fifteen or so customers that I met today were nice and quite sympathetic for the poor gal who had to handle the whole deal. She never misses a chance to laugh in spite of it all!

The other day when I got screamed at for borrowing naproxen mama asked me how the JT concert was. I had to tell her that the tickets went toward the rent but that's okay, I've seen him already. An artist of that magnitude will live on forever in American history. Speaking of artisans, my friend Lorna has been involved with some serious Mississippi River people and I've heard that there's a huge project about to be funded close to Reelfoot Lake and the river. Interpretive, educational and artistic opportunities involving local craftsmen and women. There is also a huge collection of maps that will be techno enhanced and displayed. I kid you not, I TORE the one that my grandaddy drew of our place. Don't let me close to the heirlooms, just saying. I'm doing the basic cleaning and picking but somebody else has to wrap 'em.



^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment