Thursday, August 16, 2012

thursday taxi run

I rarely get a chance to spend time with my parents outside of daddy's "kingdom" so I offered to take them both to get their hair done today. Daddy goes to Frank'n'Doyle's and mama to Angels Crown Center. Faith had an appointment at the vet with BG so we all carpooled starting at mid-morning and ending up with me and Mama up front and BG and Daddy and Faith (plus the walker) in back. On the way into town Faith hung her head out the window and enjoyed the view. She's down to normal weight now since she gave birth and survived. Poor old Ryder, the girl we kept, is gonna be one HUGE dog. Her legs are long and gangly and she has big ears kinda like an elephant. It's hilarious! She's twice the size of Oscar and he still manages to pin her down on a daily basis.

The paper work is done at last for the VA thing so maybe before inauguration day we'll get that flow of assistance headed to the red log cabin. Extended hours of in-home care will help tremendously with safety. We're not making any move toward the courts because that's expensive and they'd be pissed off as hell at me. If there's an alternative, I'll work with it a little longer. It took a long time, but mom finally has gotten some mobility and strength back following her intense hospitalization in the spring. That she can do that at age 78 is totally amazing.

Tomorrow is payday and I'm sorry to report that the bank is once again making lots of money on me due to overdrafts. The rewards program they feature giving points for debit card purchases is foreign to me, but I think I deserve something for all that extra income in their drawer. Just saying. The loan sharks are all due on the same day which involves lots of scurrying around with cash. All of this is of my own doing and my own fault, even though I try really hard to think about value. The talk at the beauty shop today was about the price of beef and where it's going and I've been inspired to cook white beans in a crock pot and a pan of cornbread. Meat, I can live without.

Rain's coming I hear and that's good thing. So is fall and that's even better!

^j^





1 comment:

  1. I try not to look at my accounts online too often, its depressing. But Sunday night caught some fraud action happening on my little bit of almost maxed out credit card, fixed that Monday am promptly. So thought I'd look at the overdraft, just to be sure. Big sigh, ka-Ching for the local credit union. And I know it's my fault as well, but heck, would a phone call hurt them that much, just to say this isn't going to go through, can you cover it? But no.
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete