Saturday, July 16, 2011

meanwhile, back on the ranch...

I'm staying the heck inside because it's like a code orange or something on the ozone today. That could have something to do with the with the guy who took a weed whacker to the horse lot out back. Pride came out for a look see and even pranced a bit when he saw the new landscape. Damn, I wish I could get momma's old school Coolpix to transfer!

Like many most Americans I am terribly disillusioned with the whole deal right now. All it would take to balance our federal budget is to accept that, if you're rich and have yachts and such, you pay a higher tax rate than the average american joe who works for money to support his or her family all the while being taxed out the ass to support big government and wall street. My investment sits in an empty candle jar on my desk and consists of whatever change I have left over from buying gas to get to and from the sawmill. Been doing it for 35 years, and nothing has changed except the rent.

I give, ya'll. It's beyond my control as a citizen of the USA to change things with my vote because both parties are doing the same thing with donations from PACs that pay lobbyists to do their bidding in Congess. Let them eat cornbread and fried green 'maters! Commodity cheese rocks with mayo and pimentos. Long live the dollar store and their sound policy on delivering up whatever kind of food the EBT card will pay for. The line is much shorter when you pay with cash.

No answers here.......just questions.

2 comments:

  1. Our great and wonderful little town is now getting a Family Dollar to go with our Dollar General. Be still, my beating heart. When I moved into this burg 39 years ago, we had a pharmacy, ice cream / diner, four restaurants, a theater, two grocery stores, a couple of bars, a dry goods store, a hardware store, and a lot of churches. Now? More bars; the two grocery stores, theater, dry goods, hardware, and most of the churches are gone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ever changing landscape of semi urban North America. They wanted to build a Walmart here in our town of 70,000, but nobody could agree on where. They tried the next little town on our border, nope. So they moved across the bridge.

    Balancing budgets, who does that? Mine never is.

    ReplyDelete