Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ladies night

Thursday is traditionally the day when women will head out with their friends to have a drink or five and scurry back home to take care of the chilren, or not. It all depends on who's got kid duty. I never attended until I became a single woman with a grown up daughter who actually encouraged me to get out of the house to see what's happening. I've been to many a bar, and the cast is usually the same...a few regulars who look to their buddies for comfort when times are hard and a lot of drunk karaoke after they leave. The occasional fight that can spread like wildfire is always a nice distraction for our local police.

I also hooked up with several Yahoo! guys back when they trolled the chat rooms looking for a real live girl. Most of 'em were married or attached, just looking for a good time or somebody to talk to about life. That was where I met Rvrguy and Lone Eagle. These two men were with me during the darkest time of my life when it all seemed impossible yet I kept going just because it beats the hell out of giving up. I had bill collectors calling the sawmill and the house phone 24/7 and if I'd had a cell back then, they would have called that one too threatening me within an inch of my life for money that I did NOT have. Before this great depression/recession I was struggling like a mofo to survive on a good decent salary. Now look at the whole ball of wax!

Some of the kudzu up around our bar has been covered with dirt by the adjacent landowners which is not a bad thing. If you own it, you can defend it. My entire life has been lived, on and off, on a farm that some other family with multiple heirs owns hook line and sinker. There was a time when it really bothered me that I don't have any assets, but that didn't last long. I'll settle for another day in paradise by the grace of Big Ernie.

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm totally fed up with Congress and the White House on this whole budget thing. Put on your big people panties and do the right thing for the people who elected you. These are not the ones who gave you money for your campaigns, by the way. They are the voters of our great country who think that if they keep on believing, somebody will have the common sense to care about the overworked overtaxed middle class that supports everybody else. Makes me want to move to Canada, ya know?

The war on terror/drugs/etc cannot be won with any amount of military spending. It's a no-win situation. When we invade countries and try to save everybody all at once to keep government contractors in business nobody wins,least of all the little people. As long as I live I will never forget seeing those people swinging on a bridge in Fallujah burning as an effigy. No.Win.Situation. Same with the Mexican cartels. They depend on the trade in the US because it's illegal to smoke pot so they run it across the border and we spend tax dollars trying to catch them in the act. I will also never forget Bill Frist taking Terri Schiavo's husband to court when all she wanted to do was die in peace. That sucks a big one and he should be worried about the separation of sheep and goats when push comes to shove.

Rant over. Carry on ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment