Thursday, July 14, 2011

church hugs

My favorite lab vendor is a guy who once worked for the giant in healthcare supply back in the day. He always pops in with a joke and those one armed hugs that you give people at church where you like 'em but aren't really into a full frontal. That would disrupt the current special music du jour. Old money paid those salaries, well to do 'burg families with whom I worshiped and shared. As long as the tithes got paid via our yearly campaign for stewardship, it was all good. Right now, I'd say they're struggling for a donor base. It would be a great place for a church health center. Methodists can do the Wesleyan thing wherever they happen to be...even Costa Rica. High five to my friend Marti Ann!

Ya'll won't believe what I saw this morning. If I could figure out how to use mama's camera, I'd post a picture of two guys riding a lift to the top of the silos to drill down some tin on the tippy top. They did the same thing with the barn behind my house, only I missed that 'cuz I was at the dollar store or something equally important. Mama and me took a detour on the way home from hair to pick up some homegrown tomatoes. Miss Faye will fry the green one up for daddy's lunch tomorrow. I should have asked the guys with the lift for a ride so I could take pictures of the cornfields from above. Somebody's gonna have some real good dove watching come September.

It's the dog days. What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment