Tuesday, June 15, 2010

what's a blog?

I remember asking my friend the Count one time what it was all about when he suggested it as an avenue for journaling. This was pre-FB tweets, so we only met each other through Yahoo or by reading one another's life, one story at a time. Some of them made me howl with laughter, and those remain my favorites along with the farm people and otherwise out of the mainstream. Take Mahala for instance! There was this guy in Arizona one time named Lightning Bug's Butt who could do something like a vaudeville show with bullet points and everything. Not a clue what happened to him. Dude is probably running for governor considering all the discontent over there....right? The fed is huge and it's up to us now to work together as peaceful states of our sometimes peaceful union to figure out how to care for ourselves locally. The check will eventually NOT be there and we'll all in a slow boat to China.

Some of us sawmill folks gathered for dinner last night and the talk turned to politics just as soon as we were sure everybody and their mama was okay. I have to give it to him, we do eat well and I guess that's what's important. BG and I had consumed a couple of fruit drinks poolside with Gigi, totally pissed off that the sun didn't come back after that hailstorm we rode through. I love spending free time with her because she's organized enough to get things done but not have an agenda. She goes with the flow, which is something I'm trying to learn.

Some smartass told me that global warming isn't real and I would have kicked his ass if it didn't involve sweating but just opening the door is all it takes these days for me to back on up and take a cool shower. The lawn yard looks decent except for that big pile over by the mailbox that you- know- who failed to move before he went nuckin' futz again. You can't miss it....it's the one with the poke growing straight up toward virginia creeper draped from ancient pecan limbs. That's how I met Idgie and Phyllis and Jen and ...uh. To be continued.
We're tweaking our schedule with the grands and BG has her hotel gig back so things are looking up. Too soon to tell, but I may just manage to knock something off of my bucket list soon if the work gods will play nice. When the offer came to me, I remembered the time that I gave my cherished JT tickets to a kid and his dad and they had a blast. Hey...I had already seen him a few times, including once in the rain.

It's almost time for the annual stargazer and tiger lily festival.

I guess it's true what they say...."What goes around comes around."






1 comment:

  1. If not for blogs, I'd not have met you dear lady; for THAT I am extremely thankful.

    ReplyDelete