Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the duct taped bible

Many years ago when BG was just a little kid I got this very cool leather bound bible for some mother's day or another. It was during the time that I was just beginning to catch on to the whole Jesus thing and how he was more than just a miracle worker. One of my favorite parts is where he gets pissed off and throws over the tables in the temple. I can't help it...that scenario meshes much more with my persona than pigs jumping blindly into the pond.

Tonight on the teevee there was a documentary about the big one...you know, WWII. It was an honest explanation of how our great country put Japanese American families in concentration camps while their folks fought theircountrymen for love of the USA and all that it stands stood for. I am disappointed, yet not surprised at the fact that so many want to declare jihad against us and what we stand for now. Perhaps there is a parable up in there somewhere. One can only hope and keep the faith.

I blame Clinton, if the truth be told. Following NAFTA our country went dirt cheap, burning the road up to whatever supermegastore has the best deals on frozen food and home decor. I hope he enjoyed the ride. Our country as we know it took a big hit on that deal what with our failure to appreciate all gifts homegrown and personal. Cigars make me sick...been there, done that with Yaya back in the day. Neither of our old Cuban pathologists ever smoked one in front of me but I bet their wives enjoyed the aroma.
KY cousin Debbie called to tell me she'd found the perfect guy, just now getting a divorce and all in tune with going green and such. According to her, he's well educated and has a ten million dollar house in California which might drop off the map at any given moment if mother earth decides to let that state slide into the Pacific. I told her I didn't want the drama and left it at that. She knows how I roll with all the peace and love stuff.

Gonna go watch some lightning bug action and turn in. My brother tactfully reminded me that no other landlord in the world would allow two dogs in the house so I guess I'll stay until there's a reason to go.
^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment