Friday, June 11, 2010

visiting the old people

That was Fast Eddie's response when I asked him over at the sawmill what was going on in his life. He's not much on sharing personal details, if you know what I mean. There's a wife who just recently got a name and a daughter for whom he would hang the moon and then jump over it. Poor guy will be working until he's 80 just to keep them up in the style to which they are accustomed. And that sucks, ya know? It's time to go fishing and enjoy things a bit more. He's got an official pass to fish the Forked Deer riverbed but hasn't used it yet. Probably scared of the snakes down there. I always tread lightly even when my feet are propped up on the four wheeler. Scare to freakin' death of mr. snake, I'm just saying.

Everybody and their brother is on vacation from work this week so I've been clocked in precisely when the bell tolls. It allows me to pay the landlord and Dyersburg Electric System for the privilege of renting this old house on the hill about a mile from my parents. The scenery is awesome but it's hot as hell already and I'm ready to move to cooler territory where the oil hasn't managed to soak coastal wildlife. I'm thinking Walden's Pond or something similar. Hopefully the eagle guy managed to save that neck of the woods.

I have watched in horror while that offshore well spewed billions of gallons of oil into the gulf, all in the name of fueling gas guzzling super humungous vehicles which carry our troops over there where the war cannot be won except when one precious soul decides that enough is enough and to hell with the virgins in heaven. BG and I were talking the other night about how Al Quaeda is now recruiting pissed off crazy american citizens to train as jihad warriors against our country in places like Somalia where there is no mercy for anything remotely resembling western ways. We have sold ourselves to the devil of slave labor in countries that hate us and what we stand for. There is a very small part of me that understands it in the biblical way of thinking. Ya'll know how Big Ernie does the prophecy thing and loves every minute of it.

Following the bombing of the World Trade Center on you-know-when, I began to think about profiling and witch hunts as a way of living life. Most believers in Islam are peaceful folk who believe that Mohammed was a prophet just like Jesus and Paul and John the Baptist, and all those folks on the road to Emmaus. So when does somebody have to be right to make everything law? At that point in time, our homeland security was extremely weak but the economy was booming just like in the days of the Pharisees. Rinse, lather and repeat.

Gotta run. I'm figuring that the FBI has me pegged as a terrorist by now and it's an early day at the sawmill tomorrow ^j^











No comments:

Post a Comment