Friday, June 25, 2010

like the rain

For the second consecutive afternoon I have treated myself to sitting on the front porch swing watching the storms roll in. We needed the rain, ya'll. Everything was beginning to wither up and die like in the grapes of wrath or something and then all of a sudden BE came through with some nice little showers on the cotton, corn and beans. Oh...and my flowers too! On my way home from the SECOND dollar store stop after work, I noticed that the hay guy and girl team had wrapped things up in spite of yesterday's sprinkle. Today is a decent rain to top it all off. Thanks dude ^j^

My friend who so very generously offered to give me a free ride to see The Eagles and Chicks sent a message when he got back and has posted some very nice pictures. Not quite like being there, but maybe we can afford hot dogs and beans for the next month after paying "the big one" split in half over a month *sigh* There's also the propane guy sitting about twenty miles south of Pecan Lane not saying a word about the gas he gave me on credit before it turned into hell in a handbasket up in here. I can see the gutters dripping now outside these ancient windows because they've not been cleaned in many years. Too much house for just a girl to handle.

On a *lighter* note, Yaya did well with her heart cath this morning and there was no intervention required so she's good to go find out what could be causing the still present pain. Ain't getting old a blast? Luckily I got my gallbladder out at the age of seventeen by the old school method of cut your belly wide open. That's when I first smoked a cig in front of my mother, back when you could actually SMOKE IN HOSPITAL ROOMS! I kept dragging that IV pole and bag back and forth to the potty and she finally told me just to sit down and smoke in the bed instead of making her get up and take me to the bathroom. When I woke up from surgery, there was a big fat vase of red roses from one boyfriend sitting on the table. That's when the other one showed up and proceeded to write poetry for me during the months prior to high school graduation. Haven't talked to either of them in years.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment