Sunday, April 28, 2024

sharing faith

I went to FUMC this morning and learned a lot about John.  You know, the epistle and the gospel duo.  SS has been a delight with Leena and we have my cousin? Matthew Stafford for next month.  This guy is crazy genius on the history side of religion.  I sat between an alto and soprano and enjoyed our first anthem with Desiree.  Lord,, y'all.  That harmony was to die for.  I can't read the hymnal anymore so I just sing along with the screen because I know the songs by heart.  We are collecting some favorite hymns for the summer sermon series and my vote went to Spirit Song.  I used to play that on the piano and sing along. Nancy and Uncle Jimbo gave me lessons and I quit when I had to go at 7:30 AM to Ms Charlene's house.  

Some years later, I felt a hankering for a piano and bought the one that Jason Tarpley played.  Jimbo said it was a good deal and tuned it for me.  For years after that my fingers were delighted with making music.  I played a lot during those days on the hill.  When I got lost in life, I donated it to Nancy Hardin to practice for Sunday evening service with an attendance of abut 30 elderly.  Lord help us if we don't go to church twice in one day!

Each of us have an opportunity to serve God on the run, so to speak.  In our daily lives, outside of the church house, we are faced with situations where a belief in something greater might just be the ticket to heaven.  At least we can enjoy the ride ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment