Monday, April 1, 2024

do you miss me yet?

I was parked at Tractor Supply the other day and noticed a pickup in front of me with Trump stickers, from Lake County.  Dude and his buddy hauled out a bunch of stuff including hay or wheat straw  from the back of a big truck.  What struck me was his Jesus Loves You t-shirt and so I pondered a but on the whole Republican bible thing.  I love the bible, like really big.  I learn a lot about it during SS and worship at FUMC in Dyersburg.  I am always a student.

Many of my friends have died in the past week.  If I make it to at least one visitation I'll be doing good.  My most important mission is to get Mayme and Steve up to Newbern on Thursday for Brother Wheeler/s service. Jimmy has been a constant in my life for many years. Unlike my cremation plans he will be all laid out in biker gear with an open casket.  His biker friends will form a caravan from Newbern to Fairview.  

I'm letting y'all know ahead of time that I don't want that.  At all.  My plans are for a visitation at Curry Funeral Home following cremation.  Graveside will be at the Carter Family Cemetery about a mile from my house.  When you get older, you think about these things.  Bubba already has  his stone down there but I am not good at planning ahead like that.  Gerald keeps that place up well with perennials.  BG and I went down there 20 years ago to explore and I fell down the hill and tore my left hamstring.  I couldn't sit for about three months and my left leg turned totally purple.  When i hit the ground I could not feel my feet.  BG scooped me up and took me to Mama's house.  The rest is history.

Everybody has a story like that and probably a hundred more.  We need to tell them before it's too late.  I hope that I live long enough to tell Lizzie a few more stories.  This Saturday may be my chance ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment