Friday, April 21, 2023

spa day

I seriously needed a pick me up so I headed to Headlines to see the gang this morning for a cut and a wax.  I miss that tribe like the dickens.  Nina did both and would not accept a tip this time because...well she knows.  It always cheers me up to visit there so that will be my retirement job.  Greeter at the salon!  Much better than WalMart.

It's raining cats and dogs here on the farm.  Pretty good timing considering the corn crop has been planted.  I left the car out on the slab to get washed off last night and it worked perfectly. Be gone with you dust and whatnot!  It's only 3pM and it looks like midnight.  There will be a cold snap to follow and then it'll be blazing hot.  Folks are driving up and down the road and I'm glad not to be them.  I can hear the hydroplaning as they pass. 

This used to be a gravel road back in the day.  I remember it....watching the gravel pass under my feet in that rusty old red station wagon.  We dodged many a flood in that car.  Daddy had a truck that I stole one night having NO clue how to operate those manual gears.  We didn't get far, needless to say.

There was a treehouse up front which we totally enjoyed as kids.  I think Daddy built it just for us in that persimmon.  It is long gone and replaced with a dogwood and the giant hackberry that grew out of the dead cottonwood.  That gives me faith that things will grow back as yours and my God intended them to be.  I wish you could be there now.  It's been quite a time but we're all still there together.  Far as I can tell there's no hard feelings, just different paths.  

I know you're watching from heaven and are happy as clams about the way our home church has come together to honor your legacy.  A few of your old friends in Sellers Class still attend but they are few and far between.  I attend one called Koinoia with people my age!  Every time I go into that building I think about the two of you.  And I remember from whence I came ^j^

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment