Wednesday, April 12, 2023

frustration

I am definitely not a whiner, most of the time.  I roll with the punches and keep on smiling after a good cry or two.  I think the good Lord is teaching me some sort of lesson that will be revealed at a future time.  Poopie is a teeny bit better on the new med but I'm now chasing my SS money which went to my old account and has to be rejected and then sent to the new one.  Following a visit at the funeral home today I frantically ran from bank to SS office and back to bank.  I live check to check so that is as old Hoss would say "not good."  I prayed for the ability to let go of the worry and let it happen as it will.  There will most surely be overdraft charges as a result of all this.  I thought I had done all the right things by going online to change account information but, no.  It was a quick and easy in person deal at the local office.  Maybe that problem will be resolved from now on.  I have to just let go and let God.   My appointment with the gastro here will be cancelled because " we don't treat ostomy patients."  Alrighty then.  That leaves us high and dry here in the 'burg.  

My Sunday School class is seeing how many members we can get into the local hospital at one time for a group rate I suppose!  Several have been in and out in the past week for various problems.  We are of that age, ya' know.  It's nice that we have a hospital here because so many folks do not.  Healthcare continues to be broken in many ways with shortages of beds and pharmaceuticals.  Who is to blame?  I don't have a clue but I do believe that big pharma plays a key role in a lot of this.  When a drug becomes generic, it is used like crazy until they come out with something new that nobody can afford.  Then they cut back on production of the generics.  It's that simple.  I worked in healthcare for many many years and never experienced anything like what we are seeing now.  Regional hospitals are on diversion from little fish like us so it's more important than ever to keep this local boat floating.  I hate to sound jaded, but in the end it's all about the money.  Those on the front lines do what they do because they care, even if they're not appreciated by corporate.  Their patients know how hard they work to keep them safe and comfy. 

I will have my tax return postmarked by April 15th which I hope is good enough.  I can't worry 'bout that either.  It is what it is.  So here I go back to Pollyanna mode, singing away the blues and trying to live in the moment.  Because really?  That's all we've got ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment