Tuesday, April 4, 2023

meanwhile

Trump is back in Florida whipping his base into a frenzy because he was innocent of all 34 felonies.  I was seriously hoping for a gag order but it seems he has his own social media platform.  My friend Carol kept me updated in between my interviews and her time at the YMCA with Mark.  I seriously need to go there and why not?  It's free because I'm an old person!  I prefer to walk Samaria Bend because there's no hills.  Just me and Oscar roaming around.  That little dude loves to explore.  I had to turn on the AC today since it was 90 degrees at 4PM.  That meant paying Forked Deer a chunk to keep it going.  Hey...I can breathe better.

Some dear friends of mine are providing hospice care to JOY and that makes me happy that she is not in pain. We used to sing a lot when she first woke up and it was the old stuff.  TCM on the TV and while riding around we sang together.  I didn't remember most of them because they were before my day but she knew ALL the words and I would just hum along.  She is at home with her babies Pearl and Huck and all comfy.
Trump?  Whatever.  I see the beginning of his end because narcissism never works.  Why are we so surprised that the world is going to hell in a handbasket.   I seriously don't blame him or hate him.  I truly believe that it's the American people who are suffering for their choices.  I tend not to follow like a sheep.  I can barely afford yard signs for my candidates much less go to a rally for an attention seeking idiot.  His time will come.  

So who will be our next POTUS?  Neither party has a strong candidate and that is usually in place at this point in time.  I vote non-partisan according to the candidate's credential.  Old guys should be gone baby gone.  We need some young blood up in there.  Viable candidates on both sides of the aisle.  I heard that one of our TN reps will be running for governor of Nashville where all those folks got murdered.  He is the kind that will promote gun control as long as he is in the house.  Get a permit.  Red flag law.  And on and on.  Our governor is dead set against that proving once again that Tennessee is a very backwards state.  Most of the smaller towns struggle to keep a Democratic party going but we have one here in D'burg.  I think the Republicans are resorting to meet and greets with state officials and photo ops.

I am working the downtown Dyersburg district for a local mag that will publish in June.  Today I met not one but two young ladies from way up north who married local farmer boys and established businesses that seem to be thriving because of Downtown Dyersburg.  Most of these merchants want to recreate the old days when you could walk around and find what you want.  Cute clothes, great scents, German mustard and great food.  Dyersburg is a destination for many clients.  Should you go to Pennington Seed and Supply, give the house kitty a head rub.

Weather permitting I will be digging up transplants at my friends house tomorrow because she is moving far far away.  I have two Paige Semmel original tie dye shirts and I cherish them.  She is an old soul like me.  Hippie stuff and all that.  I first met she and her husband Rob at the downtown Farmer's Market and immediately forked out some cash.  All three of us girls have one.

My house is still a mess but that will come in time.  My bed is made and I sleep well.  Last night I washed my hair in the kitchen sink because it was itching.  Tonight is a good hot shower with zinc shampoo on the stoma.  After the pills that should work.  

Y'all keep on believing.  And remember who you are ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment