Wednesday, January 19, 2022

playing hardball

Well well.  It seems as if I missed the boat by two years on balance billing which went into  effect on January 1 2022.  I recently received a bill for 1966 bucks from WTH Dyersburg hospital because the facility ( at that time CHS)  refused to accept what my insurance offered leaving me with a 2500 balance.  Somebody flipped a switch somewhere and 600 dollars was knocked off leaving me with the almost 2K bill.  I have only just begun to chase this down and was given two phone numbers to help with resolution, both of which are closed for the day.  The bottom line is that the two facilities want me to pay the difference as "co-insurance".  It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings is all I'm saying.

I had a mammogram this morning which is always joyful and necessary.  I have two friends with breast cancer treatment ongoing and I've always been faithful with the screening including paps.  I will do my best to stay healthy with regular checkups and Braggs everything.  If they sell it at the health food store, it's all good.  

My ostomy advice today was to pour olive oil inside of the pouch to prevent pancaking.  Believe me, the struggle is real.  I'm happy as a clam to have a whole new box of supplies.

Ya' know what?  Y'all be bleessed ^j^

1 comment: