Thursday, January 6, 2022

blowing in the snow

We got a God wink today in the form of a decently heavy snow.  No ice....very slushy.  That's the kind I like, ya know?   I remember once upon a time when I tried to get from my house on the hill to the cabin and got stuck in 8 inches.  I can't remember who rescued me but bless 'em.  I also remember being without a dish on a snowy day and I tied a sheet behind the car for Lauren to ride on.   That's right up there with one of the stupidest things I ever did.  

There is something magical about being surrounded by whiteness.  You can see the birds searching for food, which I provide only they don't get it yet. There are buttercups coming up all over and just waiting to get bit by the freeze.  Thank goodness no blooms yet!  That is a typical January sight.  

If you are traveling, be safe.  If you are lonely, call me.  And if you just need a friend, I'm there.  ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment