Thursday, June 25, 2015

hush, y'all

Oh dear my southern ladies it's that season we all dread...the sweaty one!   As long as you're in the water or the house things are great but take a typical work plus parental medical transport day and BOOM.  My dear friend Mahala over in the 'holler calls it underbewb sweat and it ain't pretty.  That's why all those comfy colorful wife beaters from the 'gentral come in handy so the dew can evaporate or get on the kudzu or some such nonsense that Idgie talks about.  The two ladies mentioned have written to and with me for years, never ceasing to amaze with their raw talent and sense of humor.

I know it's cliche but I'm really kind of excited about what's happening politically.  Grassroots campaigns are taking off which are funded by something other than huge corporate bucks with payback expected.  The SCOTUS decision puts conservatives in the precarious position of trying to repeal the shit one.more.time and meanwhile we're going to China in a handbasket...literally.

Big government is bad, I give you that.  Each state should care for the the villagers in a nice way by accepting federal dollars to at least give poor people a chance to live better.  Often it's nothing more than education on healthy eating habits and basic survival techniques like adequate hydration and growing your own.  My little garden is needing some more bales and I figure Bg will buy them for me.   I can tell it's the last growing season up here.Last night at dusk I heard the ree'a'rees for the first time, a harbinger of long hot summer days and a shift toward the blue moon..
^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment