Monday, June 1, 2015

hidden blessings

I totally dreaded today because it was Monday and I had to work in a doctor's office instead of at the sawmill where we have the luxury of sitting down and having a snack now and then.  It's an efficient operation now, much unlike the days when other companies did business across contractual lines.  Oncology is an honorable practice when used with a sense of empathy for quality of life.  I've spent 25 years there at almost as many locations and you lose a lot of folks, which hurts.

On the upside, my new friends there shared lunch with me and I got off at a reasonable hour so there's that blessing.  I ran across none other than the grandsons of old Mr. Council the horse whisperer and they look the same only "older".  Don't we all!  Today's hug came from an old friend of a friend and we chatted for a few in the parking lot about how alternative therapy is kinda' what's up these days.  My latest yadayada convo was with none other than the notorious BabySister who is my mama's bestie from back in the day.  She's like on Red Bull 24/7 or on fire for the lord or something.  Her husband is a military type who doesn't crack a smile often but when she reminded him of how I called him "Mr. BabySister" he laughed.

I'm doing an eye roll kind of thing these days wondering why the hell I've not gotten bolder sooner on the career front.  Someone with my experience in healthcare is a valuable asset to people who need access to it at the consumer level.  note.to.self: do no harm.  When I fell in love with palliative care all those years ago, little did I know I would be a practitioner in real life.  There is no official title but I'm the one who just kind of has enough faith to get up and do it again as long as human dignity is respected.  Otherwise?  I'm not interested.  At that point in time which was ummm....90's maybe?  We we were still not for profit owned by the church that raised me.   I can name just about every chaplain from that military one on through until the sale.  That's when the employees became the chaplains, fo' free on the side.  Trust me, if there's somebody caring for you or your family you want nice folk with empathy. It's a calling...you know.  To help people.

The thing I missed most about my suspect internet outage was music blaring while blogging.  We are current until tomorrow when I owe them 30 more UNLIKE their wireless division who has failed to post recently discussed data issues to my account.   I talked to Keiston about it y'all...seriously.  TV is in the BK pile so we could use some movies.  I lost interest in 50 shades after about the first 30 minutes which means I'm pretty old and tired..

No snakes today which is as Martha would say "agoodthing", I reckon.










No comments:

Post a Comment