Saturday, July 14, 2012

live and learn

More rain fell today, which is a real blessing for our area. We are one of the thousand counties included in that massive drought map that's all over the media. Well, in case you read past the politically (in)correct hate mongering headlines. Shame on all of you! Just remember that it's not about YOU but about your country and the people who elected you, every damn one of 'em. My eyes were bigger than my thumbs when I bought a bushel and a half of purple hull peas a week ago. I've barely shelled enough to fill a coffee cup so it's to the professionals with shellers. I know me, and it won't get done any other way. I had the good fortune to meet an extremely spry and spunky 95 year old lady today who still has a garden and shelled all hers by hand. Same for the hundred of pounds of pecans that she cracked and picked herself. What a woman! Between yesterday and today I discovered a pug at my back door who got his poor ass whipped by the psychotic boys around here. He's cute as hell but lord have mercy..I was afraid for his safety. Not to mention the fact that we already have four and have to do bidness with loan sharks to feed them. I ran three of 'em down today with the flea/tick stuff but Sammy D was too quick for me. BG was headed to work and one of her friends told her that there was a flyer posted at a local grocery store about a missing pug. There were two numbers and we called both of them. Shortly thereafter the pug named "monster" headed toward home in a red sports car snuggling in his mama's lap. I just love it when that happens. Faith got rescued a lot of times by people who are dog lovers and made the effort to take care of somebody's baby. Just in case, I drove down to the end of Pecan Lane to see if the puggle belonged to them. Three pits in the yard and nobody came to the door when I knocked. We inherited Oscar from one of their relatives who came to shack up for a week or so. His back was cut twice in the same exact location but there was no proof how it happened. I remember when BG and her BF lived down there with Mark and the meth head. MH abandoned ship and BF and I saved his dog Sable from freezing to death. Gumby found him chained to a tree out back in freezing temps. He covered him in blankets and turned all the heaters on and I believe he lived to see a better home. Meanwhile, MH is in jail for a very long time. Seriously? You can't make this shit up ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment