Friday, July 6, 2012

hotter than the fourth of july

For the second time in a month, I have learned the hard way that providers don't play when it comes down to paying in full for their services. Following an arrangement that included payment of all but 45 bucks of my internet bill, they promptly cut me off, thus the long blogless period. It was a wake up call of sorts and I'm happy to report that I now appreciate the little things like DSL and TV. When you are a house mouse like me, that's all there is for entertainment besides cuddling with the dogs. Ryder is at that awkward stage like a pre-teen where her legs are way too long for her skinny body. She'll grow into it soon, since we also were able to buy dog food today!

The past week has been a hot and humid blur of work and drama (always the drama) which found me celebrating Independence day at the sawmill. I can honestly say that my advocacy for a patient earlier in the week made a difference and that makes me feel like it's all worth it even when my feet and knees hurt. Mama fell (again) this time peeling the skin off of both arms with the metal parts of her walker. It takes two to get her up so there I went down the road to help Daddy get her in the bed. It was like a freakin' fire drill, if you know what I mean. We were all excited and exhausted and frustrated and raised our voices a bit. In the end, there was an understanding that "the subject" is now out on the table in the open. My youngest brother and his family survived the derecho and have power back, unlike many others. We caught up on the state of our union once cell signals were flying again. They are an internet based home business so that's a major blow to be down for multiple days. No fancy name for the weather around here though. It is, quite simply, hot as hell. We've had no rain for a month and the temps are hovering at 100. While I was puttin' gas in the trusty old Camry today a few random drops fell and I honestly said "thank you Big Ernie." We'll take what we can get. The corn is now drying up a couple of weeks ahead of schedule...haven't looked at an ear to see if it made. Cotton is doing well, as it is prone to do in this type weather.

Pride has been wandering free range for about six months now making his way from my house on the hill down toward the dairy barn and across to the golf course. He knows his limits and doesn't get out of sight of that barn. HOWEVER he is steady tromping on the cotton so the plan was hatched to either fence him in again or find a new home. The guy who agreed to take him headed out with a trailer and couldn't get him in without help so Pride had one more day before leaving. Much to everyone's amazement, the farm owner messaged my brother that he wanted to keep the old ornery dude so the fencing crew started today. Go figure. I told my brother that he'll probably drop dead the day after the fence is done and then we'd have to get another one! He was not amused.

Life is good in so many ways that I'm ashamed of myself for stressing over little things like money. With the global economy in the shape that it is now, we should all just find a way to deal with it, because the chaos isn't going anywhere soon. Congress is a bunch of titty baby party liners who won't play nice so that we can have some peace. Kiss my ass, ya'll. I was so sad about Andy Griffith's death because I grew up in Mayberry right along with Opie. A friend and I were discussing the culture of America today and I felt a real kinship with those who suffered during the great depression like my father and his family. So that I could keep the faith, they did.

Peace, love and rock'n'roll ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment