Saturday, July 7, 2012

art as therapy

As a junior college student I was absolutely smitten with psychology and how the mind works. Of course nobody makes a decent living at it in a small 'burg like mine, and really doing that for a job would take away the joy of sitting back and watching the drama that is life play out on my personal screen. I rarely offer unsolicited advice because unless somebody is ready to make a personal change, they're just ranting and headed toward getting to a better place. I've done it a million times, and most of them were in therapy. The cool thing about recovery from the big CoD is the peace of knowing that the world will twirl without your help. Being dead ass broke for so long and struggling to keep it all together has been a real challenge because I'm not good with that stuff and there were other issues to be dealt with as well. Several of them, by the way. Prior to this all-hell-broke-loose period, I was a bit spoiled and dramatic in that I cried a LOT and acted like a baby. When things got tough, I still cried but slapped those big girl panties on and dealt with it. Friends have been my saving Grace during that time, and that has resulted in a new attitude for me. If these people can put up with my crazy bullshit and let me crash now and then, they truly love me.

The light at the end of the tunnel arrived today in the form of a loan from the good old credit union that's been covering my ass the entire time I've worked. Everybody gets some, even the witch nice lady at the doctor's office. And I will keep working from ground zero, hopefully, to a better life. BG has a job that she loves and is out and about more so there's that. Mama and Daddy are currently not in crisis, though that could change at any moment. My brother's sunflowers are blooming and I drove through the cotton to take some pics today. Dust was flying everywhere, but the trusty old Camry made it up the hill by where the pond once was. The cattle rub is gone as well. I thought Sammy D was going to pass out panting under the bed when we got back. He and Oscar ran the whole way over and back. HOT as hell, ya'll.

The arts have always brought me pleasure, listening to music or writing and reading are the main things. As I've aged, I've learned to appreciate movies more because they make me sit down and stop multi-tasking. Same for good comedy. I check my news via the web, choosing my sources with a very loose filter. Listening to both sides is often the best way to find a solution to a problem, right? I think Abraham Lincoln or some famous prez said that. It doesn't surprise me at all that he was shot in the head. I mean gah...all those rich southern white people pissed off about losing their slaves? Really?????????? Ted Nugent, kiss my ass.

As for the rest of us, we shall keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment