Wednesday, November 10, 2010

holy war

I haven't been on a soapbox in a long time....well since Dubya left the big house.  It was in pretty bad shape then  and the transition to Obamaland hasn't been a piece of cake either.  But my thoughts today have nothing at all to do with party lines or loyalties.  I let go of that piece of the dream after the rally...you go boys!  The whole mess is simple or as my Daddy says: " It has always been thus and so."  If you look back through your bible or koran or whatever you choose for worship there is surely to goodness something to do with being nice to others instead of persecuting them for their religious beliefs or sexual preference.  What was that cute little book about lettin' go of the small stuff?  

It is indeed biblical the way I see the tribes railing at each other today insisting that each and their allies and allies grandmamas are W.R.O.N.G  Sheesh.  I believe that Big Ernie addressed that kind of stuff back in the first part of the good book when he got mad after people ignored the ten big ones.  I'm sure it still totally pisses him off, so I try to be good on the basics.  The rest is just details.  I will never understand how we have to make it all complicated and something to kill each other over.  Our society AND others have raised a generation of people who will never know the Wally and Beaver and Andy Griffith type of existence that I was raised in.  Not that it was all gooey goodness of figuring out who you are as a woman, an american and a hippie in a world where you're expected to be a "nice girl."  Ya'll all know how that one turned out.

Personally, I don't see why anybody would not want to get along and work together toward some kind of common goal, preferably at a local level where the community's needs are met by locals who have nothing to gain but the satisfaction of sharing with their neighbors.  It may not bring world peace, but it will surely bring a whole hell of a lot of peace to a few lucky neighborhoods.  I grew up in one  just like that and so did my daughter.   I do not believe in racial and ethnic parity because in my mind that takes away who I am as a person rather than a percentage of the total workforce.  No apologies...that's my view as a woman who has supposedly gotten some benefit from the ERA and the tail end of prosperity in our country.  The people cannot speak because their elected representatives make it hard to choose between the urgent pleading of an unemployed worker and dinner with a lobbyist.  In case you've never thought about it...that's YOUR money they're blowing on entitlements.  Money that they use all year long interest free.

I am one pissed off American right now because I remember the good times and I want them back in some form or fashion for my grandchildren.  I suppose that is what we do as elders......keep the stories alive to be passed down through the years.  Lordy...I sound like my mama.  And that ain't a bad thing, by any means.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment