Wednesday, November 17, 2010

coyote ugly

My newest little foster dog wandered up out of the woods with a big wound on his back.  At first we figured he was an abused dog...some poor little thing like the ones who survived the house at the end of the road.....like Sable.  Sam and I have been tending to Oscar's injury as much as he will let us, which mostly consists of Sam cleaning it for him.  When I let 'em in for the night, I heard some familiar yelping in the distance across the road and I noticed that Ockie's back was bloody again.  Guess that mean's I'm sleeping on Aunt Granny's  couch again tonight and that's okay with me.

Work?  The usual chinese fire drill.  No surprises there, except for free turkey and dressing because it's almost Thanksgiving.  I'm off on the day, but nothing more.  Don't be looking for Poops out shopping on black friday.  This holiday season, my gifts will be handmade which means you'll probably get a matted or framed print of some beautiful scenic view or a spontaneous hilarious moment.  But that's only if I can save enough between now and then to order them.  Ditto for the holiday cakes of appreciation.

My  budget is at zero, which means that my mind will probably be more on what the whole Advent thing  is about.  That's not a bad thing at all, and I don't even have to wear a reason for the season pin to proclaim it.  Because, hey.  I'll be at the sawmill this year.  Hope to NOT see you there.

Seasons greetings from Pecan Lane ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment