Friday, November 5, 2010

colors galore

I was wrong when I thought that the leaves here had peaked last week.  Pecan Lane is still awash with fall colors basking in the cool windy sunshine of today.  A hard freeze is predicted for tonight, which will make allergy sufferers like myself breathe a lot easier.  The air is crisp and clean....something that I only dreamed of back in the sultry days of July.  Today is my one and only official play day with a weekend full of sawmill ahead.  All I can say is I hope ya'll got a flu shot.  'Tis the season and it's not too late!

Sam and Oscar have taken up with each other like true brothers and play endlessly, their nails clicking on the laminate as they scuffle around seeing who's the alpha for a day.  Don't tell anybody, but I saw the pecan guy down the road raiding my favorite trees and he was BENDING over at the waist which resulted in a 911 call last week.  I didn't have the heart to ask him to use that picker upper thing.  Mama's head is much better after a visit to the beauty shop to get the blood out of her hair.  She does look a little like somebody hit her in the face with a baseball bat though :(  I'm glad it doesn't hurt as bad as it looks.  The 14 stitches will come out on Monday when she visits her regular doc.

I gave up on raking leaves in the fall many moons ago because the winds up on this hill usually take care of it for me.  Yesterday afternoon I went over to Gigi's newly acquired property to help her get it in shape for rental.  She picked the perfect job for me.....raking leaves in the small fenced in back yard.  Neither she nor her son had noticed that there's a poison ivy vine as fat as a snake crawling upward into the biggest tree on the fence.  I did what I could with it, but that's gonna take a chainsaw to fix that little problem.  My sista, as I call her, is a master at finding good properties with potential and adding her magic decorative touch to them.  I've been sorting through and doing a little renovation myself since BG moved out leaving me with her room to use as a den.

The squeaky dryer will buzz any second now.  Ya'll give somebody a hug like you mean it. Best therapy in the world ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment