Wednesday, October 13, 2010

mining faith

The IT department at work will probably turn me in for what I did today considering how much of their bandwidth I took up watching those poor guys shoot up out of that mine in Chile.  It was worth it.  It dawned on me how much time and energy is spent on blame and anger when a group united to a common goal can figure out how to git 'er done.  That's somebody's Daddy down there!!  My hat is off to whomever contributed to a very precise yet painfully slow rescue for these workers.  What they pulled off makes the response to BPs oil spill look like recess during kindergarten.  I'm just sayin'.

I spent my last shift with someone today who has been sometimes a pain in the ass but always a ray of sunshine when I need it most.  She's related to half the world either by blood or personal experience and has a story about most all of it.  This chick babysat three dogs and a cat while we cavorted around on the beach a couple of years ago....and survived the big fat honkin' storm that knocked down the corner pecan tree.  Love ya....mean it.

The dogs are all settled in their respective corners of bliss.  It took long enough, but they finally realized that a double bed ain't near big enough for all of us to get any kind of quality sleep.  Which is exactly what I'm about to do.  See ya'll on the flip side.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment